Friday, June 6, 2014

Last Day of School

Yesterday was the last day of school. I was an emotional ball all day. I wanted the day to be one to remember for all the years to come. Don't we all want that for our students? I had an amazing group of helpers and it went off with a bang. The kids were having the time of their lives running around laughing and having a good time with each other. I decided to do a circus/ carnival theme party. The idea was it to be the end of the first grade circus. Of course, I didn't have the energy to make a big banner that had the cute quote on it. However, that was the best way to sum up our year. No matter what learning disability, social issues, home life problems, physical injuries, or educational barriers we came across, each one of those students will hold a special place in my heart. We have hugged, cried, laughed, and was sick together( I will not share the details). I look forward to seeing them succeed and be awesome 2nd graders. I know the next teacher that has those names on their roster will not know how lucky she is to have that group of kiddos. Have a great summer class because you have EARNED it! I am very proud of all of my little 2nd graders! Pics will be posted to share our last day soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment