Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Life

I have tried to manage my time and give my students all that they need and deserve. However, that has been a very difficult task. I have been overwhelmed by grades, data, misc. tasks, planning, anchor charts, and family life. Yes....... I do have a family! :) This year has already ran me over and backed up. It has been a great year though! Things are starting to settle down. Some of those things I have just forced to settle down. All I can say is that I LOVE my job!!!! If I am feeling bad, one of my students will come up to me and say one little thing that makes everything better. One of my Firsties knows when to come and give me a hug! :) Highlight of the day: I have a little jokester who is normally quiet and very well mannered. He comes up to me and says, "Mrs. Clark..... chicken butt?????" I just stand there with a blank stare. I say, " Why did you say that?" I had no idea why or where that came from. His face lit up and said, " it's funny." How can you not love this guy? This is why I do what I do!!! I love my job, I love every one of my students, and we have fun while learning. I realize that my style of teaching is not for everyone. However, I decided that I was going to stop letting things steal the joy in my classroom and do whatever I feel my students need. Yes, it's a lot of work but it's worth every minute!

No comments:

Post a Comment