Saturday, October 5, 2013

Math Centers

My class loves math centers! They look forward to it all day. I have all different types of centers that have skills they previously learned in math. I change all of the centers out every 2 weeks if not more. It just depends on if they are actively engaged the entire time. I have a worksheet to go with each center except the game center. This gives me a way to hold them accountable and to see if they need to spend time with me in a small group. I love having this time to work with students who need extra small group instruction and I love to use it to challenge my higher level learners. They love this center. I call it "roll and cover" because they take two dice, find the sum, and cover that number on their folder. The first one to cover them all gets a sticker. :) In this center the students built 2d shapes. They also started building 3d shapes all on their own. They are little smarties!!! This little cutie is playing a football comparing numbers game that I made from teachers pay teachers. I LOVE this site! These little cuties are building shapes!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment