Wednesday, October 2, 2013

MIA

I have not forgotten about my blogger friends and parents. I have been super busy trying to get everything in order for the new school year. Finally, I feel like my feet are back on the ground and I can be myself. I am starting to understand CSCOPE and can manage my lessons to better fit the needs of my precious little ones. We had so much fun during our 2D Shapes unit that I had to take a couple of pictures for you. I was caught in the moment on a few activities and forgot to take pictures. The student's light bulbs were burning bright and I couldn't quit smiling. :) I managed to get one at the end of our Math Monsters activity! First activity was using marshmallows, tooth picks, and pretzel sticks to build shapes. The challenge was for the students to figure out how one shape can be used to make another shape. For example, two squares put together make a rectangle. My kiddos were amazing! They were building trapezoids and hexagons out of triangles. It is amazing how engaged the students get when you tell them if they stay on task they will have a snack.

No comments:

Post a Comment