Friday, May 24, 2013

Common Core HELP

I have realized from talking with teachers that the common core implementation has everyone in a panic. Many of the schools are in a "waiting" period for curriculum that better fits these standards. There are a few teachers who are taking this challenge with optimism and many who are just frightened at the thought of all the work they are going to have to put in this next year. I find the new common core implementation refreshing! However, I am a new teacher so I didn't have time to get used to using a particular curriculum. In my opinion it puts more control back into the teacher's hands. They can adapt things to fit the needs of their students. I have done a lot of searching for helpful sites for some of my teacher friends who are still in a state of shock. :) You can click on the subject on the left hand side of the scree. It will pull up a page with the grade levels. Click on the grade level you teach and HAVE FUN! This site has all the standards listed and a break down of activities that you can use for each standard. I hope this is helpful! https://transitiontocommoncore.wikispaces.hcpss.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment